Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.
Hast du deine Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Benutzername: Passwort:

Autor Thema: Healer  (Gelesen 14383 mal)

vikleroy

• Stufe 5
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
Healer
« am: 01. Dezember 2013, 14:34:47 »

Hi all

I have a Elfenhealer in my group (with a sorcerer and a knight) and after the 1st adventure, it seems that the battles are annoying for him, because all the attacks are the fact of the others, and he just touch friends for heal. That's not very interesting.
Is there a way to make it better?

I just seen prerequired characters, Lios and Casius, and that's not much better.

I'm thinking about using a bow, even if the chances for hitting are something poor, but make it more active in the battles, but with a sword it's a suicide because of low HP and DEF.

His stats are:

BOD 5   MOB 7   MND 8
ST 0         AG 1    IN 3
CO 1         DX 1   AU 5

HP 16 / DEF 6 / INI 8 / MR 4.5 / MAT 5 / RAT 8 / SPC 12 / TSC 9

What do you think about it? Thank you.

Sphärenwanderer

• Redaktion
  • Stufe 20
  • Kultur: Alle
  • Klasse: Alle
  • Teilzombifiziert
  • DS-Communitykalender Hat eine Seite mit DS-Inhalten (CampaignLogs, Downloads, Settings oder Tools) Scriptor (Gold): Inhalte für Printpublikation verfasst Beta (Bronze): Hat an einem abgeschlossenen Betatest teilgenommen Chronist (Silber): Hat 4+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet Hat DS-Material in eine andere Sprache übersetzt Hat 1+ MGQ-Spielbericht veröffentlicht Hat 1+ MGQ geleitet Gehört zu den Oberen 10 Themenstartern SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online
    • Zombieslayers
    • Awards
Antw:Healer
« Antwort #1 am: 01. Dezember 2013, 14:58:23 »

You can skill a healer for battle too - buy IN and AU later when they are still cheap, and CO and DEX at the beginning. Then you should give him a wand with Arrow of Light, so he can cast a damage spell without the need to change his active spell. And don´t forget:  :kw7: and  :kw8: have a Minimum-skill of 10 each and for spells IN is assumed as minimum 4.

I´d allow him to reskill his char (Level 2, right?):

BOD 5   MOB 7   MND 8
ST 0         AG 0    IN 1
CO 4         DX 5   AU 1+1 (rune robe)

:kw1: 19 /  :kw2: 11 (9+2 (complete Leather armor)) /  :kw3: 7 /  :kw4: 4.5 /  :kw5: 5 /  :kw6: 13 /  :kw7: 10 /  :kw8: 17 (13 +1 (quarterstaff) +1 (talents)) +2 (Arrow of Light)

Talents: Armor casting I +  any other talent (perhaps Changing Spells I)
Culture Bonus: Shooting I (don´t know the English name of the talent that makes  :kw6: and  :kw8: +1 ... And the names of the others neither.  ;D )

If he wants to use a bow (because a wand is expensive) he´d have  :kw6: 16 with an elven longbow. You could maximize it changing BOD to 4 and MOB to 8 to 17.

Sphärenwanderer

• Redaktion
  • Stufe 20
  • Teilzombifiziert
  • DS-Communitykalender Hat eine Seite mit DS-Inhalten (CampaignLogs, Downloads, Settings oder Tools) Scriptor (Gold): Inhalte für Printpublikation verfasst Beta (Bronze): Hat an einem abgeschlossenen Betatest teilgenommen Chronist (Silber): Hat 4+ DS-Spielsessionberichte gepostet Hat DS-Material in eine andere Sprache übersetzt Hat 1+ MGQ-Spielbericht veröffentlicht Hat 1+ MGQ geleitet Gehört zu den Oberen 10 Themenstartern SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online
    • Zombieslayers
    • Awards
« Antwort #2 am: 01. Dezember 2013, 15:50:21 »

Oh, and use Slayer Points in your games. For each healing you get 1 and for 3 points you can make an additional attack in that round, so you could attack every 3 rounds in addition to the healingbot-syndrome: 1. heal, 2. heal, 3. heal+attack.

Another way to deal with the problem would be to make healing hands (no other spell!) a free action for 1 Slayer Point. The character could make an attack and heal in the same turn, when he deals damage. But if he does so, he doesn´t accumulate Slayer Points. But that could be a little overpowered... You may try 2 Slayer Points.  :)

dragon

• Stufe 4
  • Rollenspieler
    • Awards
« Antwort #3 am: 02. Dezember 2013, 15:33:40 »

thats normaly the way for a healer.. stay in the back ..
but you also can play a Monk from the Ceara Box, choose a Kait:
BOD 8   MOB 4   MND 8
ST 4   AG 0    IN  CO 5  DX 0   AU 1
Weaponless Mastery 1,
Parry 2
Fighter 1
You have a raw Attack of 14 and a Defense of 16..

Our Monk did a lot of damage last time, but he will have problems to reach skill 21.

vikleroy

• Stufe 5
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
« Antwort #4 am: 02. Dezember 2013, 18:12:02 »

???

Parry is not for monks.

Eismaid

• Stufe 9
  • Kultur: Hellwaren
  • "Geißel des Westens"
  • Scriptor (Gold): Inhalte für Printpublikation verfasst 250+ Postings War bei 1+ MGQ in der Questleitung Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt DS-Communitykalender
    • Awards
« Antwort #5 am: 02. Dezember 2013, 18:29:26 »

???

Parry is not for monks.

No, not as far as the generic rules go - a Kait gains access to Parry (up to 3 ranks) via talents by culture, though.
'Talents by culture' is an additional rule presented within the Caera Box.
Vorsicht! Was im Kühlschrank liegt, kann kalt werden!

Dextolen

• Stufe 15
  • Dungeonslayer
  • Hat DS-Material in eine andere Sprache übersetzt Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt DS-Communitykalender 500+ Postings SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online Conslayer - Uhrwerk DemoTeam DS-Pet: Besitzt ein DS spielendes Haustier Hat eine Seite mit DS-Inhalten (CampaignLogs, Downloads, Settings oder Tools) Ulf: Hat im März 2013 am Flimmerschwinden teilgenommen und den Ulf gemacht Mitglied der DS-GooglePlus-Gruppe
    • Awards
« Antwort #6 am: 02. Dezember 2013, 18:30:49 »

We (english version players) do not have access to Caera Box, so we are ignorant of culture talents

Eismaid

• Stufe 9
  • Kultur: Hellwaren
  • "Geißel des Westens"
  • Scriptor (Gold): Inhalte für Printpublikation verfasst 250+ Postings War bei 1+ MGQ in der Questleitung Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt DS-Communitykalender
    • Awards
« Antwort #7 am: 02. Dezember 2013, 18:36:55 »

Aww, that's too bad - culture talents more often than not really do the trick!
So... will there be an english version anytime soon?
Vorsicht! Was im Kühlschrank liegt, kann kalt werden!

vikleroy

• Stufe 5
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
« Antwort #8 am: 02. Dezember 2013, 20:02:44 »

I think not, like the french version

Sphärenwanderer

• Redaktion
  • Stufe 20
  • Teilzombifiziert
    • Zombieslayers
    • Awards
« Antwort #9 am: 03. Dezember 2013, 16:03:19 »

I´d really recommend the version I posted (and it works with DS-basic rules only). It´s a concept that doesn´t waste points and is quickly adaptable to new weapons & spells. Try the bow/crossbow-version for starters, in the later game a wand could do the trick. :)

Dextolen

• Stufe 15
  • Dungeonslayer
  • Hat DS-Material in eine andere Sprache übersetzt Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt DS-Communitykalender 500+ Postings SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online Conslayer - Uhrwerk DemoTeam DS-Pet: Besitzt ein DS spielendes Haustier Hat eine Seite mit DS-Inhalten (CampaignLogs, Downloads, Settings oder Tools) Ulf: Hat im März 2013 am Flimmerschwinden teilgenommen und den Ulf gemacht Mitglied der DS-GooglePlus-Gruppe
    • Awards
« Antwort #10 am: 03. Dezember 2013, 16:43:35 »

Shooting I (don´t know the English name of the talent that makes  :kw6: and  :kw8: +1 ... And the names of the others neither.  ;D )

"Close Combat" for  :kw5:
"Marksman" for  :kw6:

I have created a translation helper in excel that has the DE and EN words for all the Abilities, Talents, Spells and Monster Special Powers.  I need to finalize and post somewhere.  Some don't automatically translate well in online translators.

Just think, if we had not tried to build that tower of Babel we'd not have this issue!  ;D

Sphärenwanderer

• Redaktion
  • Stufe 20
  • Teilzombifiziert
    • Zombieslayers
    • Awards
« Antwort #11 am: 03. Dezember 2013, 16:53:09 »

Zitat
I have created a translation helper in excel that has the DE and EN words for all the Abilities, Talents, Spells and Monster Special Powers.  I need to finalize and post somewhere.  Some don't automatically translate well in online translators.
That would be really helpful!  :thumbup:

vikleroy

• Stufe 5
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
« Antwort #12 am: 03. Dezember 2013, 18:16:26 »

Sphären means racial habilities for elves p.154 of the english rulebook, not a talent.

And "Sure Shot" gives +1 RAT and TSC.

Good thing Dex, i've began the same thing for frenchies.

Dextolen

• Stufe 15
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
« Antwort #13 am: 03. Dezember 2013, 18:40:46 »

Oh, misunderstood, I provided the talents that do similar :-[

Chrysophiles

• Stufe 10
  • Kultur: Gammaslayers
  • Klasse: Schwarzmagier
  • Chronist (Bronze): Hat 1+ DS-Spielsessionbericht gepostet Slaydakteur: Hat an 1+ Ausgaben der SLAY! mitgewirkt Mitglied in einem DS-Club Scriptor (Gold): Inhalte für Printpublikation verfasst
    • Awards
« Antwort #14 am: 04. Dezember 2013, 12:35:41 »

But even if you use another build, the healer still remains a healer - which means that, sooner or later, someone will expect him to do the healing stuff... Usually sooner than later, I mean, you do have a healer after all, so there's no need to be careful or avoid a fight, you know,...

If he really wants to do other things, he should maybe play a different class. Or is it that he likes the ability to heal, but doesn't want to be reduced to just that?
The time has come for sorcery and swords!