Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.
Hast du deine Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Benutzername: Passwort:

Autor Thema: Some Monk questions  (Gelesen 20764 mal)

DoubleA

• Stufe 2
  • Kultur: Alle
  • Klasse: Alle
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
Some Monk questions
« am: 03. Januar 2016, 18:08:23 »

Can monks take dual wield to be used with unarmed combat?  That's 10 talents to max (unarmed combat and dual wield).  It would seem natural BUT there isn't a dual wield penalty for unarmed either.

Can a mage cast Enchant Weapon on a monk's hands (and feet) giving them the benefit of magical weapons?  Or, can Holy Water be applied to a monk's attacks?  Are a monk's hands already considered magical (i.e. can they strike incorporeal beings)?  Are there any weapons / items that can be used that the monk remains "unarmed" while using?  While I hesitate to bring it up, DDO uses handwraps for monk's weapons that allows them to fight unarmed but still get WB and allow for things like Enchant Weapon.

It looks like the Basher talent should be usable by an unarmed Monk - can anyone confirm?

Dextolen

• Stufe 15
  • Dungeonslayer
  • Hat DS-Material in eine andere Sprache übersetzt Scriptor (Bronze): Fanwerk oder Tool für DS erstellt DS-Communitykalender 500+ Postings SL einer Forenrunde DS-Online Conslayer - Uhrwerk DemoTeam Hat eine Seite mit DS-Inhalten (CampaignLogs, Downloads, Settings oder Tools) DS-Pet: Besitzt ein DS spielendes Haustier Ulf: Hat im März 2013 am Flimmerschwinden teilgenommen und den Ulf gemacht Mitglied der DS-Facebook-Gruppe
    • Awards
Antw:Some Monk questions
« Antwort #1 am: 03. Januar 2016, 19:22:43 »

Zitat von: DoubleA
Can monks take dual wield to be used with unarmed combat?  That's 10 talents to max (unarmed combat and dual wield).

Can a mage cast Enchant Weapon on a monk's hands (and feet) giving them the benefit of magical weapons?

Or, can Holy Water be applied to a monk's attacks?

It looks like the Basher talent should be usable by an unarmed Monk - can anyone confirm?

Since all these things mention 'weapon' in their rules, and the talent "Unarmed Master" and other references to Unarmed attacks say "unarmed" in their titles, I would rule that they cannot be applied to monk's unarmed attacks. CK may differ.

Zitat von: DoubleA
DDO uses handwraps for monk's weapons that allows them to fight unarmed but still get WB and allow for things like Enchant Weapon.

I think that is a really great idea and potential house rule!

DoubleA

• Stufe 2
  • Dungeonslayer
    • Awards
Antw:Some Monk questions
« Antwort #2 am: 03. Januar 2016, 20:53:37 »

Hey there, Dex.  Wondered if you were still around.

ATM, we're going with none of that will work for the same reason that you have.  And, it occurs to me, that Dual Wield is only for the Fighter / Scout classes anyway so Monk wouldn't work for that.

I keep picturing handwraps like the stuff boxers use under their gloves or some the stuff MMA uses.  Might be interesting to play around with but fully ranked unarmed master already gets +5.  Maybe that's enough.

Personally, I'm trying to walk the line between how I think Monk should work (granted, I'm thinking more about the movies and that's just not correct) and how it does work.